Fishin' Pics

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Rio Grande National Forest Info

I have had a lot of questions about fire restrictions in this area. I spoke with the forest service earlier today and they told me that the Rio Grande National Forest is only at a Stage 1 fire restriction. So as far as having a campfire the only places that you are allowed is in the forest service campgrounds in there fire pits. That is just for safety reasons. If you have any questions about what is going on in the national forest please feel free to give the Forest Service Office in La Jara a call I have posted there number at the bottom of the blog. You can also go on the website for the Rio Grande National for other information I have also posted that link at the bottom of the blog.

They told me that there is not a threat of the forest being closed down especially considering that we are about to head into the rainy season.


Forest Service Office- La Jara, CO
719-274-5193

No comments:

Post a Comment